As digital marketing evolves, so does the way businesses reach out to their target audience. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the most popular digital marketing trends by industry experts, so you can stay ahead of the curve and create content that resonates with your customers.
With the rise of visual-based social media platforms like Pinterest and Instagram, it’s no surprise that visual search is becoming more important for eCommerce businesses. Consumers are now used to being able to find products by searching for images rather than keywords. As a result, businesses need to make sure their product images are optimized for visual search engines like Google Images.
Digital Marketing Trends for eCommerce
The digital marketing landscape is constantly evolving, and eCommerce businesses must keep up with the latest trends in order to stay ahead of the competition. Here are five digital marketing trends to watch for in 2019:
1. Artificial intelligence and machine learning: As artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) become more sophisticated, businesses are able to automate more tasks and processes. This could lead to a proliferation of AI-powered digital marketing tools and services, including predictive analytics that can help identify customer trends and preferences.
2. Personalization and customization: Customers increasingly want to be able to personalize their experiences with brands, whether that means being able to customize products or receive recommendations specific to their interests. This trend could lead to more widespread use of personalization technologies such as customer profiles, customer segments, automatic sales suggestions, and dynamic content.
3. Augmented and virtual reality: Virtual reality (VR) is becoming increasingly popular, thanks in part to its ability to transport users into otherworldly environments. Augmented reality (AR) also continues to grow in popularity, as it allows customers to see products and services in a new way by overlaying information on top of live footage or pictures.
Digital Marketing Trends for B2B
Digital marketing is growing faster and more important each year. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the most important digital marketing trends by industry experts.
1. Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is growing more and more popular each year. This is because it’s an excellent way to connect with your customers and promote your products or services.
2. Video Marketing
Video marketing is also becoming increasingly popular. This is because videos are effective tools for storytelling and branding. They can also be used to attract new customers and promote your company’s products or services.
3. Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR)
AR and VR are two types of technology that are growing in popularity. AR allows you to create simulated experiences that users can see in their real world. VR allows you to experience events or scenes in a virtual world.
4. AI and Machine Learning
AI and machine learning are two types of technology that are growing in popularity. AI enables computers to learn from data on their own, which makes it a powerful tool for marketing and advertising. Machine learning helps computers to automatically improve their performance over time.
Digital Marketing Trends for Travel
As the travel industry continues to grow, so too does the need for online marketing campaigns that can engage and attract new customers. This is where digital marketing comes in to play – providing a way for businesses to connect with customers through various channels, including social media, websites, and email marketing.
Below are some digital marketing trends that experts predict will be most important for the travel industry in the coming years:
1. Increased Use of Mobile Devices for Marketing Purposes: According to a study by eMarketer, mobile devices will account for 54% of all digital marketing spending by 2019. This is because mobile devices provide an easy way for businesses to reach consumers across a variety of channels, including social media, email, and websites.
2. Focus on Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Digital marketers are increasingly interested in using virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technologies to create engaging experiences that can attract new customers. For example, VR technology can be used to create simulated tours or visits to destinations, while AR technology can be used to create interactive content such as mini games or shopping experiences.
3. Use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: AI technology is being used moreand more to automate marketing tasks and optimize campaigns. This means that businesses can focus more onstrategy and less on the actual execution of the campaign.
4. Use of Chatbots: Chatbots are computer programs that canrespond intelligently to user queries in natural language. This makes them a powerful tool for marketing campaigns that need to interact with customers on a personal level.
5. Increased Use of Social Media Marketing: Social media is still the dominant platform for digital marketing campaigns, accounting for 66% of all spending in 2018. This is because social media platforms are easy to use and allow businesses to reach a wide range of consumers quickly and easily.
6. Greater Use of Video Marketing: Video marketing is becoming increasingly popular because it provides a way for businesses to create engaging content that can be shared online. This content can be used to promote products or services, attract new customers, or build brand awareness.
7. Focus on Cross-Platform Marketing: Today’s consumers are engaged in multiple platforms simultaneously, which means businesses need to be able to market their products and services across all channels. This means using platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn together with online ads and email marketing campaigns.
Digital Marketing Trends for Healthcare
One of the fastest growing industries today is healthcare. With an aging population, more people are seeking healthcare services, and the demand for digital marketing to reach these patients is high. Healthcare marketers are learning to use digital marketing techniques to reach patients not just through traditional advertising, but also through social media platforms, blogs, and even mobile apps.
Digital marketing in healthcare can be divided into three main categories: search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, and social media marketing. SEO focuses on making sure that a website’s title tags, meta data (information about the website such as the description and keywords), and URLs are optimized for search engine results pages (SERP). This helps to increase visibility for the site, which can lead to increased traffic and conversion rates.
Content marketing consists of creating valuable and informative content that healthcare marketers can distribute through their website, blog, or social media channels. This type of content can help patients learn more about the benefits of using digital health technologies and find information they need to make informed decisions about their care.
Social media marketing in healthcare involves using social networking platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to connect with patients and build relationships. This type of marketing allows healthcare marketers to reach a wider audience and build trust and credibility with patients.
Digital marketing in healthcare is a rapidly growing field that offers a variety of benefits for healthcare marketers. By using SEO, content marketing, and social media marketing techniques, healthcare marketers can reach patients in a way that is both effective and efficient.
Digital Marketing Trends for Restaurants
Infographic created by Clover, a Restaurant POS company
As restaurants continue to evolve, so too do their marketing strategies. According to experts, here are some digital marketing trends you should be aware of:
1. Increased Use of Social Media: More than half of restaurant customers now consult social media sites before making a dining decision, and nearly two-thirds of restaurateurs say social media has helped them improve customer relations. Facebook is the most popular social media site among restaurant customers, with 43 percent citing it as a source of information. Twitter is next at 26 percent, followed by Yelp at 21 percent and Google+ at 16 percent.
2. Increased Use of Mobile Apps: Restaurants are using mobile apps more than ever to engage with customers. Nearly two-thirds of restaurateurs say that using mobile apps keeps them up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies, while more than half say that it helps them connect with their customers in new ways. Some popular mobile app platforms used by restaurants include iOS (59 percent), Android (51 percent) and Windows Phone (27 percent).
3. Increased Use of QR Codes: Restaurants are using QR codes more frequently to provide diners with offers and information about the restaurant. Nearly half of all restaurateurs say that using QR codes has helped them attract new customers, while 43 percent say that it has increased the visibility of their restaurant on social media sites.
4. Increased Use of Virtual Reality: Restaurants are using virtual reality more to provide a more immersive dining experience for customers. Nearly half of all restaurateurs say that using virtual reality has helped them improve customer relations, while 38 percent say that it has helped them attract new customers.
In this digital age, it is more important than ever to stay on top of the latest marketing trends. This is where industry experts come in, as they have the knowledge and experience to give you the insights you need to make informed decisions about your online marketing strategy. Whether you are a small business looking for ways to grow your revenue or an established business seeking new ways to reach and engage your target market, these experts can help guide you in the right direction.